Thursday, November 6, 2014

Petition to Games Workshop reaches 10,000 Supporters!

Today marked a momentous milestone in the GW Petition, 10,000 signatures! I never thought it would ever be so successful. I just felt I had concerns and that there had to be others that had the same concerns for their beloved hobby, and sat down and wrote from my heart. Now only a few weeks later, so many people from all around the globe have spoken up with me, and it really is great to know that there are so many people equally impassioned by this game and universe we call Warhammer.
For those who have not read it but are interested you can go to it here


Here is my latest update on change.org:

In my last update I said I wouldn't update again until the unlikely event the Petition reached 10,000 signatures... WELL IT DID!

Thank you everyone for your support to this. Know that the petition is open for a full year (standard change.org petition length) so you can keep sharing: tinyurl.com/kjqng2g  #GWPetition 

I want to give a special thank you to one California signer who promoted the petition. You were the first, and it is truly awesome that you felt strongly enough to do so!

Even if GW doesn't enact the changes, I am gald that we, as their customers and fans, at least stood up and said what we felt needed to be said. In the words of Princeps Senioris Mikal of the Legio Praesagius, The True Messengers, "It does not matter if we are defeated today, it is enough that we fight. The artifices of the Machine God have been perverted to a traitorous cause and we cannot allow that to pass without response." 

I want to reiterate that this is not attempting to champion tournaments, but rather a game that can support all types of play, both hardcore competition and narrative/relaxed, and that GW should focus on making a GAME and the excellent models that are for that game, and not just models that a game just happens to exist for their use.

The plan from here is to print and mail the Petition and a copy of all the signatures to Tom Kirby and the other executives at GW.

Speaking of reaching out to the executives, change.org informed me that 5 of the email contacts for the recipients of the petition are invalid. If you know or have access to the following individuals emails, please contact me so I can update them here.
Elaine O'Donnell- Non-executive Director
Chris Myatt- Non-executive Director
Nick Donaldson- Non-executive Director
Rachel Tounge- Company Secretary
Erik Morgenson- Web Store Manager

As I said before, I do not want to spam your inbox, so don't expect to many updates (every few thousand or so from here on out OR if GW reacts/contacts me/change.org). I may from time to time post related content or updates on my blog instead, so if you want more consistent coverage, just follow/check out www.sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com