Monday, November 3, 2014

Completed Blood Angels Astorath the Grim

This week I sat down and painted up my High Chaplain Astorath aka Astorath the Grim. Despite his axe being nerfed to I 1 (a mistake I believe will be remedied in the new codex) he still has some awesome army wide benefits I like (going from a 16.7% chance for Furious Charge to a 50% chance is awesome), and is a Chaplain to boot he is still often worth taking IMO.

Really not much else to say, other than I practiced using washes a lot more than usually on this guy, and I have to say I am happy with the results.

Notice his name on top of his Jump Pack
Photo edited a little to get rid of some white wash
This last picture is edited a bunch, but I like how it picked out the detail a little more starkly
All the photography (minus the edits) is compliments of my wife. Thank you dear!