Monday, May 27, 2013

Deathwing Terminator Command Squad - Schlemazal

The last time I was here, I shared the WIP command squad I made with the new Deathwing Terminators kit, and the first painted model in the squad. Due to a combination of intervening projects and a general lack of time, it's taken me a lot longer to finish than I expected, but I'm happy to say that I'm finally done painting these terminators.

Even the Watcher that will likely never see use
As I mentioned before, this squad is the first time I've done Deathwing in their traditional bone color as opposed to a drybrushed white over black. I still wanted them to be a bit lighter than the standard though, so the armor base color is actually a couple of shades lighter than bone. It's hard to see the difference without a comparison model, but I think it turned out well. Overall, these guys were a lot of fun to paint. The new kit has a ton of interesting details to pick out, and I really like the designs on the storm shields. Looking back at them, I think I probably should have gone a bit darker on the armor shading, so that's something I'll have to address the next time I paint some terminators. Now then, have some pictures and let me know what you think!




I still don't understand why the apothecary loses his CC weapon




Next time I'll find a way to do a group shot that doesn't look tiny on this site