Thursday, May 14, 2009

Airbrushing Underway

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I had a short break then was busy again very fast. I did get some work done during my break though and got some airbrushing done. I also painted some tactical marines, but I have some camera issues right now so couldn't get photos of them to you yet.
What, a Balrog can't paint?
Up close

Basically, I got some large batches of acryllic paints and some ditilled water. Took the paint and cut it to a milky consistency using distilled water. Used an empty spaghetti jar (cleaned it thoroughly first) to mix in. Around 30-35 psi for the air brush worked very well. Two coats worked well, but I may add a 3rd for the base colour. My second colour I have yet to put on is a deeper blue. The base looks grey in the photos but it closer to space wolves grey.

I am painting 11 Leman Russ, a Basilisk, a Chimera, a Baneblade and a Marcharius Vanquisher this way.